We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
513A Boston Post Road, Rte. 20
Sudbury, MA 01776
Phone: (978) 443-1739
Fax: (978) 443-1430
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Located between Shaw's Supermarket and Starbucks. Celebrating 27 years in Sudbury!
• Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Black Bear cubs are born beginning in late January.
• Red and Gray Foxes begin their breeding season and continue into February.
• Now through late March is a difficult time for birds; providing food and an open source of water is important.
• Raccoon mating season.
• Look for Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers at suet feeders and in trees.
• Stoneflies emerge on tree trunks and stones by open water.
• Watch for Honeybee “cleansing” flights during January thaw.
• Start planning your butterfly and bird gardens this month.
• Listen for Great Horned Owls' "hoot" as they pair up for mating season.
• White-tailed Deer bucks are shedding their antlers.
• Late in the month, as days lengthen, Tufted Titmice and cardinals begin to sing.
• Aldo Leopold's (Father of Wildlife Conservation) birthday Jan. 11
• Quadrantid Meteor Shower early in the month. See up to 60 falling meteors per hour!